This is the first time in the last two years of the pandemic when kindergartens and anganwadis are reopened in Gujarat. The government of Gujarat recently authorized the reopening of schools for students in grades 1 to 9 as the number of cases fell. Meanwhile, with a view to improving the Covid situation, the government of Himachal Pradesh has also decided to reopen all gyms and cinemas.
†1 new updateClick here for the latest updates
PM Modi extends birthday greetings to Telangana CM KCR
- “Birthday wishes to Telangana CM Shri KCR Garu. Praying for his long and healthy life. @TelanganaCMO,” PM Modi tweeted.
- Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao, popularly known as KCR, was born in Chintamadaka, Medak district, on Feb. 17, 1954, according to the state government website.
- He is also the founder and chairman of Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS), which has been at the forefront of the movement for a state to Telangana.
President Kovind expresses grief over UP . accident in Kushinagar
“Sad to hear the sad news of the deaths of many people, including women and children, in the accident in Kushinagar, Uttar Pradesh. My deepest condolences to all the bereaved families who lost their families in this tragic accident. I wish the injured a speedy recovery,” Rashtrapati Bhavan tweeted.
Toll in UP marriage tragedy rises to 13
The toll from the freak accident at Khushinagar in Uttar Pradesh has risen to 13. A pre-wedding ritual of “haldi” was performed on Wednesday night. Some women and girls were sitting on the iron net and it suddenly broke and fell into the well, said district magistrate S Rajalingam. Ten people were also injured in the incident, he said.
PM Modi Condolences Loss of Life in UP . Kushinagar Accident
के कुशीनगर में हुआ हादसा हृदयविदारक है। लोगों को अपनी जान गंवानी पड़ी है, उनके परिजनों के… https://t.co/5Sm4nsCFPy
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1645062473000
You don’t have to wear a hijab anywhere: BJP MP Sadhvi Pragya
#LOOK …You don’t have to wear a hijab anywhere. People who are not safe in their home should wear hijab. While outside… https://t.co/u1aERUMUvX
— ANI (@ANI) 1645065094000
Switzerland lifts most Covid-19 restrictions
- The only requirements that will remain until the end of March are the obligation for those who test positive for Covid-19 to self-isolate for five days and to wear a mask on public transport and in healthcare facilities.
- Masks are no longer required to be worn in shops, restaurants, workplaces and other public institutions.
- People in Switzerland are no longer required to show a Covid certificate to enter bars, restaurants and other indoor venues, and restrictions on the size of private gatherings and large events are also being lifted.
Bhagwant Mann is a drunkard and an illiterate. He passed class 12 in three years. How can we give the orders of Punjab to such a person?
– Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi in Bathinda
Ranji Trophy starts today
- Gone from the original start date of January 13 due to the third wave of Covid-19 cases in India, the stage is now set for the Ranji Trophy. Amid a drop in the number of cases, nine centers will host 57 league stage matches involving 38 teams. The teams are divided into eight elite groups and one plate group and reside in the bio-secure environment (bio-bubbles). The competition phase will only feature three games for most teams, meaning there is very little margin for error to advance to the knockouts.
- Senior Test batters Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane will be seen in action on day one of the Ranji Trophy when their respective teams Saurashtra and Mumbai face off in Ahmedabad. The duo, who are under pressure from a meager patch in Test cricket, will have to get big runs as the squad announcement for Tests against Sri Lanka in March is expected soon.
Bihar entrance exams start today
More than 16.48 lakh students, including 8.06 lakh girls, will write papers at 1,525 centers in the state’s 38 districts. 144 Cr PC is imposed on all exam days around the exam centers and no unauthorized persons are allowed to enter the center. The Covid-19 protocol will also be followed in all centers and students will be required to wear a face mask and have their hands disinfected. Students are not allowed to bring calculators, mobile phones, headphones or other electronic gadgets into the exam room.
Rahul Gandhi addresses three meetings in Punjab today
The Wayanad MP will hold meetings in Moga district, Bassi Pathana assembly and Fatehgarh Sahib assembly seat in Fatehgarh Sahib district. The poll in Punjab will take place in one phase on February 20. The votes will be counted on March 10.
Russia to deploy more troops to Ukraine border
A senior US government official said the West discovered that Russia had increased its force near Ukraine by 7,000 troops, some of which did not arrive until Wednesday, and that there was a marked increase in false claims by Russians that the Kremlin could as a pretext for an invasion.
Pre-schools, anganwadis reopen in Gujarat
This is the first time in the last two years of the pandemic, when kindergartens and anganwadis are reopened. The government of Gujarat recently authorized the reopening of schools for students in grades 1 to 9 as the number of cases fell.
11 killed in freak accident in UP’s Kushinagar
As many as 11 people died after falling into a well during wedding celebrations in the Nebua Naurangia area of the Kushinagar district of Uttar Pradesh. Two people were also seriously injured after accidentally falling into a well. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has expressed deep condolences for the deaths of people in the accident of falling into a well at Nebua Naurangiya Police Station in Kushinagar. Further investigation into the matter is currently underway.
Bappi Lahiri’s last rites today
Bappi Lahiri’s son Bappa Lahiri has returned from the US with his family to perform his father’s last rites. The final rites of Bappi Lahiri will be performed in Mumbai on Thursday, according to a statement from the family. Veteran singer-composer Bappi Lahiri died on Wednesday at the age of 69 at CritiCare Hospital in Mumbai. His doctor Deepak Namjoshi confirmed the news of his death. According to the doctor, the hitmaker ‘Disco Dancer’ passed away last night from the consequences of multiple health problems.
Another earthquake in J&K
A 3.5 magnitude earthquake struck 84 km east of Katra, Jammu and Kashmir around 3:30 a.m. today, according to the National Center for Seismology. Yesterday, an epicenter mild earthquake in the Pahalgam area of Jammu and Kashmir shook the valley, but no damage was reported from the quake.
Himachal Pradesh reopens all educational institutions from today
With a view to improving the Covid situation, the state government has also decided to reopen all gyms and cinemas.
DU resumes all offline classes from February 17th
After a nearly two-year hiatus, University of Delhi (DU) resumes offline classes for all batches from today. In a message issued later, the varsity said students outside the station must go through a three-day isolation period before registering at their respective colleges and departments.
Russian invasion of Ukraine could happen any moment now: White House
- A Russian invasion of Ukraine could now take place at any time, White House said on Wednesday
- White House press secretary Jen Psaki expected an attack to take place at any moment.
- Vice President Kamala Harris and Foreign Secretary Tony Blinken are now flying to Germany to attend the Munich Security Conference from February 18-20.
- The Kremlin has repeatedly denied plans to attack Ukraine, but has demanded that NATO never admit Ukraine and other ex-Soviet countries as members and that the military alliance reverse troop deployments in former Soviet bloc countries.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings