Manchester City are reportedly among the clubs that have expressed an interest in Red Bull Salzburg‘s Oscar Glouch.
The midfielder has played a key role in reaching the semi-finals of the current European Under-21 Championship.
Gloukh assisted both of Israel’s goals during the group stage, which saw them go ahead by four points, before scoring the winning penalty against Georgia in their quarter-final shootout on Saturday.
That resulted in a draw with England on Wednesday night in Batumi, giving clubs another chance to watch the player, who only switched from Maccabi Tel-Aviv to Salzburg in January.
The protector claims that along with Man City, Arsenal, Manchester United And Tottenham Hotspur are also interested in the 19-year-old.
Gloukh first gained traction across the continent with his appearances in last year’s European Under-19 Championship, where he scored three goals as Israel reached the final, including one in their showpiece final loss to England.
The midfielder would impress with Maccabi, scoring six times and assisting seven goals in 18 domestic appearances at the start of the 2022/23 season, leading Salzburg to spend €7 million to bring him to Austria in the winter transfer window.
It is not just at youth level that Gloukh has shown promise on the international scene as he has six caps for seniors and scored the injury-time winner straight from a corner in Israel’s late comeback win against Belarus in a recent Euro 2024 qualifier shortly before. the Under-21 Euro.
Salzburg’s sister club RB Leipzig would also expect to show great interest in the player as they do with many of Salzburg’s key players given that Benjamin Sesco already took that step this summer.
However, the report says Gloukh is more attracted to a move to the Premier League or La Liga.
It is believed that Barcelona are still interested after inquiring when Gloukh was still a Maccabi player along with Villareal and the cluster of aforementioned Premier League clubs.
With Man City rumored to be one of the clubs to set its eyes on the Israeli teenager, the news comes amid reports that are linked Bernard Silva with a move to Saudi Arabia.
Football Insider claims City are willing to accept offers of around £45-50 million for Silva as they become more pessimistic about keeping the Portuguese midfielder at the Etihad.
Despite having two years left in Manchester, Silva is expected to be offered a huge pay rise on his current £150,000-a-week contract by clubs in the Gulf state.
The report says Silva may be lured away for another challenge after helping City to the treble last season, completing a run of major honors still available to win with the club.
After winning 11 major trophies with Man City, Silva could choose to follow suit Ilkay Gundogan‘s footsteps and move on and go out on a high note, potentially putting the club in the market for an attacking midfielder.
Adblock test (Why?)